What Is The Cloud?
Cloud Computing is “the practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local server or a personal computer.”
If you are a small to mid-sized business, Cloud Computing can significantly help your business grow at an affordable rate. A range of things can be “in the cloud” such as servers, storage, and programs.
Why Should I Use The Cloud?
- Affordability – Depending on your current IT infrastructure, cloud computing can be a considerable cost savings. With cloud servers and storage you can eliminate the operating costs associated with the hardware.
- Scalable Growth – When it comes to cloud computing and storage, there are no guessing games for your capacity. Cloud Computing companies will work with you on what capacity you need and scale as you grow.
- New Tech – If you have a quality cloud computing solution, they will want to stay competitive with the rest of the industry. As a result, these providers will upgrade their server and storage to the newest technology to keep computing fast and storage reliable.
- Data Backup – Working with a cloud solution makes data backup and recovery easy. While you should always have an on-site backup, a remote secondary backup in case of disaster or file corruption is a smart choice.
- Increase Productivity – A huge benefit of cloud computing and storage is being able to access your information from anywhere you need it. Whether you’re on-the-go or your business has multiple locations, cloud solutions can be an important aspect of your business.
- Security – No matter how big of a provider you work with or how great the quality of service they provide, Cyber Security must always be a concern. Your data in the hands of another company is potentially a risk that you must be aware of and ready for.
- Online Only – Very rarely will you come across a situation where you do not have access to the Internet, but it does happen. Having a cloud-based solution means that any downtime or cellular dead zone will cut you off from your data.
- Compliance – Depending on the type of business you run, you may not be allowed to use cloud solutions. Check the rules and regulations of your industry to see if working in the cloud is a possibility.
DATA BREACHES CAN HAPPEN TO BUSINESSES OF ANY SIZE
Sign Up to Our Newsletter For the Latest News and Tips
CALL 718-967-7000 NOW FOR A NETWORK ASSESSMENT
If your company is like many organizations, your IT infrastructure progressed over time, trying to keep up with the pace of your business. Without the right kind of IT planning and careful technology management all along, your technical environment probably has gaps.
Our IT assessments provide a clear picture of your current IT infrastructure and operations. Whether faced with budget shortfalls, limited resources, aging infrastructure or an outdated strategy, our detailed assessment reports provide relevant findings and recommendations to spur meaningful organizational change.
NetConnect provides comprehensive assessments of both IT infrastructure and IT operations. Our IT infrastructure assessments evaluate all major infrastructure components, including servers, storage networks, security, desktop infrastructure, end-device hardware and applications. Our IT operations assessments evaluate critical operational areas, such as IT strategic planning, IT staffing, IT operational processes, IT governance, IT vendor management and IT support.